Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Direct Translasi.

Nowadays, many English words have been directly translated into Malay. Do I need to say that it is something good? Maybe because of we can have better Malay vocabulary. But the thing is, it brings one badness in which many of us will know the direct meaning of one English word rather than the pure meaning in Malay. 

For example, many of us would say that national in Malay is nasional rather than kebangsaan.

BTW, I like direct translation, especially for lyrics because it is funny. Do not want to believe me? Just read below.

" Jangan panggil nama aku, jangan panggil nama aku, Alejandro
Aku bukan awek kau, aku bukan awek kau, Fernando
Tak nak cium, tak nak sentuh
Cuma hisap satu rokok dan diam
Jangan panggil nama aku, jangan panggil nama aku, Roberto"

*picked from Lady Gaga - Alejandro lyrics

What? Scared that I am very brave to use Alejandro lyrics? Do not worry lah for those who believed that Lady Gaga is an Illuminati. It is just a conspiracy theory. Doesn't mean that if I use her lyrics, my faith will fade.

It would be very silly if you are going to say that.

p/s : Though you break my heart, you are the only one.

No comments: