Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dialect.

At last, I come with a new post.

You know, I had a very good holiday. This very 'bandar' boy travelled about 1500km and spent hours sitting in a car full with 'keropok' and 'tax-free mangkuk brand Correll'. It is like driving a lorry to Bangkok. Eating is not a problem as I only went to Islamic states. But there is only one problem; the dialect.

Let me make it simple for you. I can understand different dialects of spoken English but it is hard for me to understand eastern dialect of spoken BM. One example; Shell. How do they pronounce it?

First, one male Chinese Kuantanese said to my father and I. "Kat situ ada Sholl (Shell)." I may understand that. Easy lah folks!

Second, one Terengganu woman said this to my mother. "Hok situ ada Share (Shell)." Wow. Anyway makcik, do come to KL. HAHA

I went to Wakaf Che Yeh. There were so many good sold at there. What made hard for me to understand was their way of pronouncing what they were selling. "Manggo manggo 4 kilo 10 yal." What yal? A shorter word for riyal?

p/s : a holiday can show us something we don't know and reveal some douches to us.

2 comments:

T . F . M said...

Jadi, mu dok pahe ape demo2 tu kata?? Haha

zad said...

dunno. haha