Friday, April 30, 2010

Listen.

Time I start writing this post ; 2333 hours.

Oh ideas. Come to me. Come to me. There are people waiting for my new post so come on!

(Several minutes wasted)... (Still wasting)...

(After 63 minutes of thinking)...

Hello people. Here I come with a new post after my tearful post before this. Seriously, I took minutes or maybe hours, thinking about my new post. But, thanks to Boyzone's new album, I managed to have one.

So, I want to say something about sports in our own country. Yelah, everyone has its own favourite sports. Like me, I just stick to football. One kind of low-cost sports compared to polo, equestrian and golf. How the hell would you imagine to buy a set of the cheapest golf clubs? But for football, you can go buy one football at Tesco and with your 'kaki ayam', you can play them. Simple right?

In Malaysia, imagine that the government and sports institutes have been targetting specific sports that can bring gold medals in the Olympics. Indoor cycling, archery and badminton. That's all I can remember. They want these specific sports to bring gold medals without giving more and more proper and sophisticated facilities. It is like a man who copulates with his girlfriend and doesn't want his girlfriend to be pregnant but he doesn't wear a condom. Do you get me?

As you know, the Thomas Cup will be held about 10 days from now. And what I saw from the tv shows something unpleasant. The Sports Minister went to meet the badminton players as a sign of support for them. But I have been thinking that the minister is having high hopes on them. This brings pressure for them, plus the venue for this year Thomas Cup is in Malaysia. One thing in my mind about them is "They will be fucked up. They have been burdened by so much hopes and pressure. I'm afraid that they won't even make it to the finals." 

For me, they shouldn't be burdened with so much hopes and pressure. Do you know that over pressure can bring one sportsman to a defeat?

Let me tell a bit about Malaysian football. The local players are good. I can't deny that. The thing is, look at the condition of the fields. How bad to watch that kind of condition. The condition of the field is very very important as players can get injured due to the slippery or hard condition of the field. Look at the Wembley pitch in London. Everyone criticizes the condition of that pitch. Sometimes, I wonder, shouldn't there be any allocation for maintaining the condition of the field?

All over my life, I can say that sports is like being 'dianak-tirikan' in Malaysia. How pathetic to see that. I know that sports in Malaysia bring no concrete profits to any company and even the government. But don't you feel ashamed to see countries that are much poorer that Malaysia but still can bring about ten gold medals in the Olmpics while Malaysia can only be proud of obtaining one silver medal.

p/s : after this, maybe i will be so lazy to write new posts.

2 comments:

Amalina Nazri said...

waw!
:D

Tinta Insyirah said...

thnks for the compliment :)
gerenti lepas ni dah takde stok naked slurpee.